Rustic Altar at St. Augustine

Rustic Altar at St. Augustine

Monday, March 5, 2012

A bump in the road

This is the first time since I gave up facebook that it really hit the fan.  No pun intended, but you'll get it if you continue to read.

Today was really the first day I missed being able to reach out with a "help, this is what is happening, anyone know what to do about it" situation.  But I survived it, and I did reach out to and talk with 3 of my friends who all helped in the process of "talking me down."

After my post last night, I was still on my happy high, crocheting away, having fun, enjoying the ending to the day.  Then a kid took a bath.  Then one of the girls told me there was water all over their bathroom floor.  Then we realized it wasn't from the tub, it was coming out from under the toilet.  Then we flushed the toilet to check and more water poured out.  As the hubby plunged (after I grilled the girls on if anything was flushed down the toilet and on toilet paper usage) even more water came out.  It was coming from the bottom of the toilet where it meets the floor.  This was especially frustrating because it was around a year ago or so that friends came down and helped us rip out the flooring, replace the flange, set a new wax seal, fix the sink, re-do the flooring, etc.  We pretty much ripped everything out and fixed/replaced.

Then when someone went to use our bathroom (2 toilet house) it was discovered that water was coming out from under our toilet too.  Then it started backing up into the bath tubs also.  Of course this happened Sunday night when no one is available. 

Long story short and without giving out the sordid details, we survived the night, the morning came, along with a plumber, and a few hundred dollars later, we now have 2 working toilets again.

I am a girl who prefers natural cleaners.  Not for this job.  I went to the store and came home with a pair of heavy duty rubber gloves, a bottle of heavy duty cleaner that kills 99.9% of nasties, heavy duty laundry detergent (to clean every single towel in our house that was used to soak up the water), and a bottle of wine.

Now that the towels are laundered, the bathrooms are disinfected and sanitized, and I am disinfected and sanitized, I think it's time to open up that bottle of wine.

But, we survived.  Nothing went in an ideal way.  It was horrible.  It was taxing both physically and financially, but we survived.  I realize this is just a bump in the road, and we have gotten over it.  I know we will have more, especially as we continue on this journey, but I also know we are not alone and that we will get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment