Rustic Altar at St. Augustine

Rustic Altar at St. Augustine

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Regarding Facebook

Regarding facebook and whether I will go back to it (since I have been asked):

I am not counting down the days until I can look at facebook again.  There are some groups that I miss, and those will probably be the things I look at first, but I have become so unaccustomed to checking it, I am not seeing myself doing it very often.  I'm not actually online very often anymore at all.  That can all change, it is quick to go back to old habits, but I actually hope that I don't go back to regular daily usage of it.  I have thought about my friends list and that will likely get gleaned down again.  It will be easier to do that since I know now who I miss and who has missed me and who I truly want to stay in that kind of touch with.

I have gained way too much during this 40 day time period to let it all go back to the way it was.  I have truly been able to focus on what is in front of me, and realize how much more important that is in my life rather that what I left behind me. 

My plan is to check into my groups maybe 2-3 times a week (these are more intimate and involve people/topics that are near and dear to me) but as for the general facebook, status updates and reading my feed, I just don't have the intention to make that a part of my daily routine.  I will likely check in once a week, but I'm going to try to limit it to that.  I think it will be easy.  I hope it will be easy.  I am not eager to change the new life I have adapted anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Go You! You've really made HUGE strides. I've been watching you grow, and just in this short time, you've sprouted!

    I'm so proud of your dedication, and strength, now ... Can I borrow some? I'd like to quit smoking.

    I'll text you here in a little bit, and maybe you can sneak a moment to talk, but if you can't... it's ok - I know we're friends, and friendships stay strong, even on the odd days that we don't chat.

    HUGS - I'm so proud of you!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete